Sunday, February 24, 2013

Adventures of Sister Elsmore 6


From: Mandy Elsmore 
Date: October 30, 2012 5:45:58 PM CDT

Hi FAMILY!!!

HAPPY HALLOWEEN! Thanks for sending me the picture of James. It was hilarious. I've been telling the elders and sisters in my zone about it and they think my little brother is awesome. ;) HA HA HA! I might be one of my companions tomorrow. At least I have options. HA HA HA! I can finally understand why all the missionaries were so confused about holidays in the MTC now. Not really any need or focus for them here. Only sign we have about them is from all the packages. SO MUCH CANDY!!! My companions have been getting so much here is no way we will be able to finish it in 3 weeks. As to Dad's comment about not to worry about sending any because he can't afford buying me larger clothing. HA! Yah right. I haven't gained any weight here in the MTC. :P

Other than the overload of candy and treats. Things are going quite well. Its weird to be the "oldest district" now, but its fun to help the "younger missionaries." We have only been here 3 weeks ahead of them, but I feel like we have aged a whole year here already. If this keeps up, I'll have aged about 14.1 years by then end. HA HA HA!

Things I have learned this past week...
Its amazing how things you never would have thought of become challenges and bring you closer to the Lord. For me, it was my talents. I have been struggling in knowing when it is appropriate to use talents like drawing or speaking Japanese. They are wonderful things that I love and cherish; however, they can also be a distraction. For me and for the missionaries around me. Having to turn to the Lord to know when such a seemingly small thing is appropriate is amazing. It was a reminder to me that the Lord cares about us and will help us even in the little things in life. I wonder if the many small, almost insignificant moments like these throughout life have more of a impact on us than one miraculous moment. 

The longer I'm here the more I wonder what my purpose personally will be from the Lord. Why I was called to the Philippines. This is something I may never know; however, its teaching me to trust in the Lord more. To prepare myself for that moment when he will need me. Perhaps not knowing is pushing me in ways I never though possible. For this, I am graitful. 

Moroni 10:3-5 I've made it a goal that I will do everything with a sincere heart, real intent and faith in Jesus Christ. In every prayer, every-time I read, every-time I teach, every-time I testify. The difference is amazing. The spirit is stronger with just a change of attitude. Its wonderful. Sometimes things become to routine, and we need to step back and remember that this is God we are talking to and about. He is so important and we love him. How often do we show it?

Fun things:

Bubbles make EVERYONE no matter where they are or how they are feeling smile. Elder Cox (in my district) blow them randomly all the time. When they were running out, he added hand sanitizer to it. If you could blow a bubble from the concoction, it would be this SUPER Bubble that would stay on the floor for several seconds or bounce a couple times before popping. IT WAS AMAZING!!! HA HA HA!

Random Rant/ Expression of Gratitude:

IT'S SO COLD! (no mom don't send any more cloths. I'm fine, just over-exaggerating.) Especially in a skirt! There is no prevention (that applys to the MTC handbook) measure for it. I'm so glad I'm going to a warm place, I'm pretty sure I would not be able to function serving in a cold area. I have more respect for sisters serving in freezing places. 

Glad everyone is doing well. Thank you for the letters. They were a great help this week. I look forward to Tuesdays and Fridays. ^_^  Dad! I appreciate all the work you do for us. Thank you for giving me the opportunity to be here. Mom thank you for the words of support and advice. You are awesome! 

Love you All! 
Sister Elsmore

PS: Japanese and Tagalog are starting to get mixed up. Calling it Jagalog. HA HA HA!


No comments:

Post a Comment