Sunday, February 24, 2013

Adventures of Mandy Elsmore 17


From: Mandy Elsmore 
Date: January 21, 2013 5:13:26 AM CST


Kumusta!

This week has been eventful. My companion has been really sick the past 3 days. Stomach pains that won't go away. O.o Hopefully they are not anything serious and we will be able to work more this week. She wants to work so much, she's awesome!

Asked a person if they wanted to be baptized for the first time this week if they received a answer that the church was true. Mary Grace said she would. She is great. She is very smart and wants to become closer to the Lord and know the truth for herself and for her 2 year old son. 

Experienced my first Bible bashing. It was interesting. I can see why people get such a kick out of it. There is a rush of wanting to prove your beliefs to someone else; however, there is also no spirit in a room of contention. It was not something I really enjoyed. HA HA HA! Sister Christensen and I just sat there as they "preached" to us about beliefs in the bible. They kept interrogating us on things we had mutual beliefs on. We would try to bear simple testimony, but then they would cut us off and ask us random questions about some other random doctrine. The whole time I was sitting there amazed at the amount the people knew here. There are a lot of Filipinos who are very learned in the Bible. ITS AWESOME! I was thinking to myself, "Man, these people are truly prepared." However, it got to be a little bit too much for my companion and she started crying. O.o Which finally got them to stop. 

Zone Activity today was AWESOME! We went to so petroglyphs! The oldest ones in all of the Philippines. There was this cave tunnel we had to go through to get to them and there were bats, owls, lizards, etc... I was in heaven! HA HA HA! There was also a view of the ocean out there. It was gorgeous. Took some pictures. :) Then afterward, we played some Filipino games in the church parking lot. Also, Elder Teh of the 70 came with his wife and gave us a TON of food and drinks. (we texted them and said there was no water running in the building. Wanted to know how to turn it on because we were dying of thirst.) We are so spoiled. My companion and I had to leave early though because she was pretty much dying. Hope the new medicine she gets today works for her. >~<

Scripture that I really like...
1 Nephi 22:25 Do you know the difference between a shepherd and a herder? A herder uses his staff to scare the sheep into going toward the direction he wants them to go. He moves them from the back. A shepherd leads the way. The sheep know him and love him. They trust him and know that he will not lead them astray. The shepherd also knows each and everyone of his sheep by name. He raised them from the time they where lambs, and loves them. He leads the to pastures, Heaven for sheep. :) I like this scripture, because we too have the opportunity to know Jesus Christ in this life. He leads us to pastures, and though, the road may not be easy at times, by if we follow in faith, we will never go astray. Also, that we follow Christ because we want to and love him, not because we are forced to. I know that Jesus Christ is our redeemer and knows and loves each and everyone of us. I'm seeing this more and more her in the Philippines, and I'm grateful for it. :)

Love Ya All! :) I will write again next week.
Sister Elsmore

No comments:

Post a Comment