Sunday, February 24, 2013

Adventures of Mandy Elsmore 18


From: Mandy Elsmore 
Date: January 29, 2013 2:59:50 AM CST


Kumusta!

This week has been fun and random! It was great. We got a bunch of random stuff from people for no reason: bread, cakes, plant, mangos, weird fruit I have never ate before (need to learn the name), and can't remember what else. Also learned how to do a bunch of random things. Make feather dusters from chicken feathers. Chinese Jump rope with a bunch of kids. Also got bit by a pet chicken name Ipot (poop in Tagalog), road in the back of a prisoner van, and had a experience with Filipino trying to contact a investigator and he treated the situation like a mafia movie. HA HA HA! One of my favorite stories is the following...

We are walking and we see this guy working on his car. We decide to go and talk to him, but he seems really busy and can't see us. So Looking around I notice these plants on the side of his house. They have green leaves that grow just straight up and have almost like a tiger pattern to them. They have pointed tips. You see them all over here in the Philippines. Anyway, on these plants, on the tips, there were egg shells. It was super Bizarre. So I turn to my companion and say, "I'm going to ask him about those eggs." So I ask the guy if I can ask him a random question. He Looks at us, then walks over to us and asks, "What is it?" I then ask why he has eggs on his plants. He then states that it just looks better that way. They are for decoration. HA HA HA! We talk to him for a while, and before we leave he asks, "Gusto mo ba ang plant?" So Gusto= can mean want or like. We thought that he asked if I liked the plant. So we say yes, they are great. We like them. He then has his friend (joined us later in the conversation who was just about to go garden) dig up one of his plants and give it to us. We were like, "NO! Sorry, we just like to look at it. We don't want to take your plant." But he would not take no for a answer. So we ended up carrying around this plant with a egg shell on it for the rest of the day. It was quite the conversational starter. We decided to name the Plant Sunny, short for Sunny Side Up. :)

2 Nephi 10: 23 I like this verse because it just simply and clearly states that we should,"Cheer up (our) hearts" can choose to be happy or sad. We can act for ourselves in this manner. It reminded me of the song "Don't worry, be happy now!" Its so simple, but so true. So this was my goal this past week, and I have been enjoying life so much more. :) 

Finished a Art project for Sister DeLaMare. She wanted me to design a wall in the Mission Office for our new theme. I had the Elders in my Zone model for me (which was fun). I just did cut out letters and silloqutes (yes I know I spelled this wrong, I can't remember how to spell the word) of Elders baptizing and confirming. Turned out pretty good. Hope She is happy with it. :)

Anyway, Hope you are all doing well! Love ya all!

Sister Elsmore ^_^

No comments:

Post a Comment