Sunday, February 24, 2013

Adventures of Sister Elsmore 12


From: Mandy Elsmore 
Date: December 9, 2012 10:11:37 PM CST

Kumusta!

This letter I will try to answer as many questions as I can. 

I'm in Antipolo City in the Masagana 1st Ward (Masagana means bountiful). Its in the mountains, and it has some really pretty areas and spots. My companions and the Bishop laughed when I told them this. They said wait until I see the "real Philippines." Which is to them in the south where they are from. HA HA HA! The only way for that to happen is if I got sent to the Mindoro Island. For now, I'll be happy with what is around me. :)

The Apartment is nice. It's actually my second apartment, because the 1st week the apartment we lived in, the contracted ended. So we had to move to another one. We have a oven with this one, which is rare to have in the Philippines. So my roommates and I made a chocolate cake for the Lady Next door. She is going to feed us and we are going to teach her about the Plan of Salvation (child who has died, so we want to comfort her.)

Only thing that has not been as pleasant has been the bugs. I'm getting eatten alive here. Also, I'm pretty sure I've killed more cockroaches here in the past two weeks than I have in my entire life. HA HA HA! I'm going to be a master by the end of my mission. You can just call me the roach slayer. ;)

Christmas season is great. Going to go carol for the Elderly home on Thursday. Also, Zone Activity today. We are going to Kill a chicken. They want me to kill it. O.o I have mixed feelings about this. HA HA HA! bought the chicken this morning. Was under my seat on the way back. Took a picture. Send it next week. 

Write more next week. 

Sister Elsmore



No comments:

Post a Comment