Sunday, February 24, 2013

Adventures of Sister Elsmore 4


From: Mandy Elsmore 
Date: October 16, 2012 6:09:33 PM CDT


Hi family!

Still doing well. Not much to report. Things still going well. Learning lots about the gospel. Read through D&C 138 about the gospel being taught in the Spirit World. EVERYONE will have a chance to learn and apply the gospel if they so choose. God is very loving. I'm very graiteful. Also in this section is a good example on how to study the scriptures. Read a passage. If its something you never heard of before or don't quite understand. Ponder about it, then turn to the lord in prayer. For most of us, we will recieve a answer through the Holy Ghost. But, we will always recieve a answer. Moroni 10:3-5 How to pray and seek answers. Classic, but so powerful. One of my favorite scriptrures which I was debating about for my missionary ward plack thing.

Thanks for the letters. Sounds like James had fun camping. very amusing. Congrats on 1st chair and Good luck at Regionals. Work hard and have fun. ^_^ Don't complain too much about ice-skating boots. Keep Dad saine for when I get back ok. ;) Dad, way to take missionary opportunities. AWESOME! I gave a referal to the service missionaries here in the MTC. Hopefully they will talk to them. :D Glad you guys are having fun with technology. Some things never change. Mom's story about the temple was amusing. Its amazing how the spirit can lead you in little things in life, so they are easy to ignore sometimes. I'm sure the family was very graitful for what you did though.

We go to the temple once a week on PD. Its the best thing of the day. I've done 2 endownment sessions, 1 inititory, and 1 sealing. I almost have the endownment things to say memorized now. ^_^ I've been keeping warm. The room we have been staying in was FREEZING! We could not figure out why until I broke into the thermastate. It was at 0 F. Why, I have no idea. But I fixed it. Don't worry, I didn't break anything. i guess I'm going to be like mom was on her mission fixing things. ;P

We haven't really learned anything in class about the Philippines. Usually its just random stuff that happens to come up in class. Like when people sneeze. People around them sometimes jokingly say, "I took a shower today." Because they believe that when people sneeze its because something is dirty around them. HA HA HA!

Went to the bookstore and bought the library for missionaries. I have not started to read them yet, but I'm super excited to. Also, they sell casset tapes here. HA HA HA!!! You should send me my tape recorder. Then I could be like the Elder in the Best 2 Years and send home spoken letters. Also record talks and music. YAH! Going 80s and 90s here!

Also, and Elder here had his parents send him a map of the world and a map of the US. He's going to use it to show people in the Phillippines where he is from. SUPER AWESOME IDEA! I'll have to find a map here somewhere.  

Anyway, Love you All! Pray for you guys often. ^_^
Sister Mandy Elsmore

PS: Got Grandma and Granpa's card. Figured they were worried about it. HA HA HA. Thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment