Sunday, February 24, 2013

Adventures of sister Elsmore 15


From: Mandy Elsmore 
Date: January 6, 2013 11:25:22 PM CST


Kumusta,

I have a new companion and trainer. Sister Christensen, she is from Provo Utah. She is very sweet, quite, a little shy, but very obedient. She has been out 6 months in the Philippines. 

I was in Cubao because I would not have a companion for a couple of days. I got to be with Sister Campbell (one of my companions in the MTC) again for two days. Funny story when I was staying with the Cubao sisters:

I needed sheets so we were looking in Sister Bowman's closet for some, when all of a sudden she screams, saying there is a HUGE lizard which is now in the pile of her clothes in the closet. We go through each article of clothing shacking them trying to find the lizard. Finally find it hiding under the last piece of clothing. I reach out to catch it and she freaks out again. Saying, "WHAT ARE YOU DOING? OH MY GOODNESS! YOU ARE DEFINITELY SOJOR"S CHILD!" HA HA HA! She runs to the other side of the room. Then says, ok she is ready. I go for the 2 1/2 inch little gecko, but he jumps over my hands and runs towards Sister Bowman. Who screams and jumps up onto a nearby bed. The gecko, then runs into a crack in the wall. I have not laughed so hard in a long time. HAHAHA!

We mainly go to places by triks. These motorcycles with a side car. I have not exotic food stories for the week. I'm leading the area now, and remember everywhere we need to go. YAY! Though, my companion got SUPER tired with me showing her around the place. We might have to take more triks from now on. I forget sometimes that Sisters get tired easy sometimes. 

Anyway, got to run. Love Ya All! I will write again next week. I'm excited to have a new beginning with a new companion and experience a one on one companionship. 

Sister Elsmore


This is a tric that we usually ride on. They are not expensive. @Dad- This is probably what the Filipino member was talking about to you




No comments:

Post a Comment