Sunday, February 24, 2013

Adventures of Sister Elsmore 7


From: Mandy Elsmore 
Date: November 6, 2012 5:37:20 PM CST

Kumusta Family! (how are you- there is no Hi in the Philippines)

I LEAVE IN 2 WEEKS!!! CRAZY!!! Last normal week and then preparations for leaving. Thanks for the letters. Story about James was hilarious. ^_^. Pretty sure my there is no hope in convincing my companions that we are not crazy. Especially after having me as a companion. HA HA HA!  

Scriptures: (realized a lot of it is self evaluation. Guess because the end of the MTC is coming, with a new beginning.)

I've been reading in Alma this week and made the connection that Elder Holland is like a modern day version of Captain Moroni! He just increased in the awesomeness for me. :D Things that I've learned from their example and words is that Sin is not to be tolerated whatsoever. Do I make excuses for myself? Do I turn the other way when others are doing the wrong thing? Do I have low expectations for myself? These are some of the questions I had after pondering about from them.

Also, Alma 5 is SUPER AWESOME! Way to evaluate your own life when you read it. It makes me want to recommit myself to the Lord after reading it. 

Fun Thing:
I found I have a new skill. I CAN RIP APPLES PERFECTLY IN HALF! Its so awesome! A couple elders in my district tried it too. Its a lot easier that you think it would be. 

I have a question for Mom and Dad. Did you serve with a Jerald Toms? This is my companion's step-dad and he served in Japan the same time you and Mom did. (at least we think so) Which mission did you two serve in again? I keep forgetting.  

Sorry its short. Not much time today. Needed to write to my mission president in the Philippines. ^_- Write more next week and hopefully with flight plans. 

Love You All!
Sister Mandy Elsmore

PS: I got Grandma and Grandpa's letter. THANK YOU!!! It was very sweet. Made me really happy. To answer their question, it probably would be best if they sent the Christmas card this week or next. I'm not really sure how trustworthy the mail system is there. Particularly since Grandma mentioned including money. (which really they don't have to do that. I'm just glad to hear from them. ^_^)  

No comments:

Post a Comment