Sunday, February 24, 2013

Adventures of Sister Elsmore 3


From: Mandy Elsmore 
Date: October 9, 2012 6:01:09 PM CDT


hi family! ^_^

Still doing well and working hard. The Elders in my district and my companions think I'm some sort of super sister missionary though. For reasons that... 
1) I speak Japanese (been talking to the Japanese Elders and Sisters also a return missionary from Japan whos the head teacher in the MTC. He told me to convert not only the Filippinos but also the Japanese people in the Phillippines. Its been fun to make friends with the Japanese Elders and sister. They are always so surprised and thrilled to find someone who speaks their language. ^_^)

2) I draw. I have been drawing the devotional speakers while taking notes. Also getting requests for me to draw pictures of like Joseph Smith or self portraits for Samoan Elders and Sisters. Seems like the mission blessings also included improving my drawing abilities. I'm surprised about it as my companions are. Its been a good stress relief to draw and do a service for people. )

3) I have been doing pretty well in Tagalog. I study all the time. 

4) I run like crazy at gym. Stress relief and also I find that it is easier to memorize numbers while running. I have to memorize the numbers in Tagalog and Spanish.

5) I laugh all the time. One Japanese elders asked my companions one time, "She laugh all the time?" We all laughed and they were like, "Yes, shes always this happy."

All this is very flattering I guess, but really, all I'm doing is trying my best and trusting in the Lord. Nothing more, nothing less. I live everyday like it was my last day of the mission. All these blessings I'm receiving have been from God. So, all this praise/ comparisons make me feel like I should hide my talents sometimes. That I'm being too careless in using my skills around people. I don't want to be the cause of people feeling discouraged. Anyway, I'm probably over thinking things, but I'm trying to be more conscious of my surroundings. 

I'm Graiteful for the blessings God has given our family. Dad with a job still. Mary and Paul doing well at school. Paul getting a job offer for summer. (I hope things go well financially for them in the Winter Semester.) Technology to communicate with each other. I have enjoyed your letters/emails. I thought it was funny about James' school picture. That's so mom to freak our about it. HA HA HA!

James, work hard and thinkg will be easier and you will not have to take advantage of teachers and people. However, try not to over do things and stress out. Mosiah 4:27- do not run faster than you have strength. ;) Its hard to figure out the balance of things. I'm still learning the hard way in this area; however, if you pray to the Lord, he will guide you in what you need to do in your life. Also we learned in conference, he will always answer you. ^_-

 Cool about the Filipinos. i'm excited to meet Bro. & Sis. Josefina Castelo. I got the backpack. Its nice, but I won't use it until the field. Can't use bags here in the MTC. Security is SUPER strict. I did see the Relief Society Conference. It was fabulous. We watched it on Saturday at the same time Priesthood was. I've been so spiritually fed this past weekend it have been great! Say Hi to the Stake president for me. And that I'm doing awesome and working hard. 

I was freaking out in the MTC about President Monson's announcement about a Temple in Tucson AZ and the age change. Glad James is Excited! I'm excited for him.  Conference reminded me that I love the Lord with all my heart. I willingly give my heart, might mind, strength, and time to the Lord so that I may be a instrument in his hands. I shall be more comitted to him in my conversion and strive to know and be like him. That I may have the strength to teach those lost and looking for the light of Christ. 

Love,
Sister Mandy Elsmore

Picture of my District

No comments:

Post a Comment