Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Adventures of Sister Elsmore 68

Mandy Elsmore <mandy.elsmore@myldsmail.net>


 Kumusta!

Ok. For those of you that have been following my blog and have connection to my parents, you are probably all wondering. WHAT HAPPENED TO SISTER ELSMORE? IS SHE OK? IS SHE GOING TO DIE?!!!! 

Well, let me put you all at peace. For those of you that have not known, I've been really sick for over 2 months with fiery muscle pains all over my arms and legs which causes sleep deprivation, made me lose 15lbs, and makes it difficult to march around the hills of San Isidro sometimes or the stairs in my house. Sometimes I literally crawl up the stairs. Also, I have frequent colds and lose my voice. So yah, I sound like a 12 year old boy going through puberty. Man I look and sound pathetic!!!! HA HA HA! 

Finally got some tests done yesterday. Urine and blood test at St. Lukes in Global City (which is like the 4 best hospital in the world apparently... ITS HUGE!!!!) Found out that I have no virus. (Dengue fever, Chikungunya fever from Mosquito Bite)YES!!! 
Doctor, "So, do you walk around a lot?"
Sister Pope and I look at each other then start laughing.

Doctor said the muscle pains are probably because I've been walking around a lot and such, which sometimes happens to people. Especially those that were overweight in the past (weird, because I have never experienced being overweight before... but oh well...) She prescribed vitamin B and some muscle relaxants along with Ibuprofen or Tylenol that I'm to take for the next 5 days. If things don't improve, I have to try another one. 

The frequent "colds" and irritation of the throat are from a allergic reaction to the smog here in the Philippines. I have this weird natural oils spray stuff called Kamillosan M spray solution which is "minty fresh" (its tastes......interesting......O.o) Then have some other pill for cough I have. I take them for the next 3 days. 

I think President and Sister Revillo will still want me to come home at the end of this month. They started making preparations for it on Monday. So, not sure what is going on if I'm going home or not. I told president that I would go home, but now that I know that I have no virus, I'm having second thoughts. Hmm.... Well good thing interviews are tomorrow. Figure things out. :) Just because the muscle pains have been really bad. I still work everyday. Just like 1 day out of every week, usually P-day I have to rest at home. T_T

We will see how the medication goes these next 5 days. If no improvements, then I have to try another one that will make me really drowsy. Which doesn't really do well with me and missionary work. O.o

Anyway... 
Just know I'm still alive and I feel all of your prayers so THANK YOU!!! ^_^
Its just weird that I'm being affected by this all at the END of my mission. Oh well... Must be a good reason for it all somehow...

Well, being sick it lame, but meh... what can you do? (shrug) 
Pray, Read Scriptures, Focus on serving others. 
Makes all the difference of receiving your daily spiritual bread. Especially on days where you lie there and your not sure you have the strength or the desire to move on. But, somehow you do. From the Lord, he really does give you the strength you need to do for whatever he requires of you. Just enough to get through the day. Its a amazing feeling. :) 

Anyway, enough of that. 
This past week was AWESOME with the lessons! 

Priesthood Power:
We have been teaching our male investigators about the priesthood and they have been receiving priesthood blessings to get over their addictions and illnesses. They gained a powerful desire to receive the priesthood for their families and are starting to progress more. Its amazing the power of the priesthood and the inspiration it gives to men of the church. To be better, not just for themselves but for others. The priesthood is the ultimate power of service and turns boys into princes of peace (forgive the cheesy comparison, but its reference to a scripture: 
Alma 13:18- Like Melchizedek, the priesthood gives the ability for men of the church to give peace to those they serve around them.

Men need the priesthood and their families as much as families need fathers and brothers with the priesthood. 

Is this true? 
Taught Philip (24yrs old) and Mark (18yrs) on Sunday. There next door neighbors and good friends. ^_^ Was a AWESOME lesson. Philip after reading the pamphlet was like, this is really basic information. So he checked out mormon.org and read up on the church history and everything he could about Mormons. So he had a lot of questions about Joseph Smith. 
Mark,"Who's this Joseph Smith?"
Philip,"You would know if you have done the reading! ;)"
Mark, "I'M SORRY!!! ITS BEEN A CRAZY WEEK!!!"
HA HA HA!!!! X)
Anyway, we taught them about the Restoration and they had a lot of questions but were very respectful and receptive of our beliefs. The members that were with us, bore their testimonies and conversion stories. 
Me,"So, do you want to know for yourself if Joseph Smith is a true prophet?"
Mark,"Well yah. We understand what each others beliefs are now, but we know that your not trying to force your religion on us. :) We are adults. There comes a time when you have to know for yourself what it right and wrong. I HAVE SO MANY QUESTIONS swarming in my head!!! 
But how do I know for myself?"
Sister Pope talked about prayer and I gave them a Book of Mormon. Asked them if they would pray to know for themselves if Joseph Smith was a true prophet. They both emphatically said,"YES!!!" HA HA HA! 

There are a lot of amazing people out there. Searching for truth and understanding. Of others, themselves, and of God. So grateful I get to meet so many Amazing people and see the miracle of the Holy Ghost working through them as they sincerely search for truth. ^_^ 

Love Ya'll! Praying for Ya'll! 
Sister Elsmore ^_-

No comments:

Post a Comment