Monday, October 7, 2013

Adventures of Sister Elsmore 55

Mandy Elsmore <mandy.elsmore@myldsmail.net>

Sister Elsmore

 Kumusta,

First off, seems to have been some miss understanding about the emailing thing. HA HA HA! Is is my fault for saying I have little time and not writing much. Let me clarify...

I have 2 hours of email time to write ya'll and my president. You can write me as much or a little as you want. It does not really effect my time (the only things that do are not giving ourselves time to email for 2 hours), because I print out all your letters each week and read them. I may not be able to reply back to you right away, but I promise, I will ALWAYS reply back to a letter. ^_^

So this week has been a eventful and fun week. Went on splits with some sisters in San Isidro and we had a lot of fun trying to find new investigators. ^_^ We tried some different things to be creative. Like buying flowers from a woman and talking to her about what we do. Then giving to the flowers to people looking depressed in bored outside of a medical center. Buying ice-cream, walking around the park, buying from tindahans (a kinda like mini self run store people have in their homes. Sell snacks and things.) and talking with people. 

Something that I've learned is that the best thing to do to find new people to teach and who are truly interested is just be honest. People kinda-of have a idea what you are doing, you just have to approach them with a smile, be friendly, yourself and once they feel comfortable with you, invite the spirit into the conversation and testify of the truth. Its really incredible to be able to feel the spirit work through you and touch the hearts in no matter where you are. Sharing the gospel is awesome!

Had a Missionary Leadership Coordination Meeting with President Revillo and Sister Revillo. Its a great opportunity to bounce ideas off each other with the Zone Leaders on how to improve the mission and what goals we should set that are Realistic but will help us stretch and grow. Then sustain each other with the Spirit. We really are blessed to have Sister and President Revillo here. They are still learning the ways of the ropes, but they have powerful testimonies and love the gospel, us missionaries and God. They really want to help us progress in this work and to be completely converted unto the Lord. 

Scripture: 2 Kings 5:12-15
I like the story of Naaman, because sometimes we feel like either commandments or rules are inconvenient and we don't know why we should do it. Or sometimes we feel that repentance is harder than it really is, but the Lord knows what we need best. If we follow the counsel of his chosen ones, humble ourselves, be exactly obedient, we can be cleansed, our faith will increase, and we will know God. ^_^

Funny Story:
Was cleaning the cupboards this morning and it was REALLY Scary what I found in them. O.o Lots of carnage of ipis (cockroaches) and other mysterious insects. Anyway, open the next one and this butiki (gecko) about 3 or 4 inches jumps out of the cupboard. I may or may not have screamed a little, took a step back to avoid it from falling on my head, and we both stare at each other for about 3 seconds and it runs back up the wall, back into the cupboard. 
Oh the Philippines. ^_-

Well, Love ya lots! Praying for Ya! Hope ya'll enjoyed General Conference, we will watch it this weekend. ^_^ 

Love,
Sister Elsmore

PS: Sorry if I sent you all pictures of my companion crossing a river. HA HA HA! meant to forward it to Sister Abonitalla, and then I ended up forwarding it all to you. HA HA HA! I'm so bad with technology. :P


Crossing a bamboo bridge in our area. ^_^ My companion took this of me. 





No comments:

Post a Comment