Monday, August 19, 2013

Adventures of Sister Elsmore 48

From: Mandy Elsmore <mandy.elsmore@myldsmail.net>
Date: August 19, 2013 3:31:12 AM CDT

Kumusta ulit!

Lets see... Lots have happened this week. 

My new companion is Sister Suarez (I was SUPER off on the spelling last week. HA HA HA!)
She is 27 yeas old
5 feet exactly.
She is from Bicolad (same place as Sister Velasco, so she's Ilonga)
She has been on her mission 15 months and going home in December (she is serving a 19 month mission)
She has had many jobs in the past, one was selling Mary Kay beauty products. Yes, they even have them here. Its the Philippines. You can find anything in the Philippines... or so people say...
Hmm... lets see. She is the complete opposite of me. So its been an interesting past couple days. But we are getting along. :) 

Traveling Sister. 
We are assigned over 5 areas. So every Wednesday and Thursday we go on splits with other sisters. We go to MLC (missionary leadership coordination meeting.) which used to be just for Zone leaders and the APs. Then, settle any problems that happen with the sisters, or pretty much do anything that president asks. That's about it... Not really doing anything yet but going on splits for the first time on Wednesday. I'll let you know how it goes. 

Walked through water that was up to my knees. So that was fun. I'm really enjoying the rain. Felt cold from the weather for the first time in a long time! SO weird!

Funny you ask about the crocks Mom. They have been working miracles in the floods, but now I've worn right through both of them. Well, they have lasted... I think 9 months in the Philippines (now that's a weird thought). I guess its about time for a new pair. Hmm... weird, everything seems to be falling apart right now. cloths, bag, shoes, scriptures, even me for two weeks. I'm getting old, its the only explanation. ;)

Well, lets see... 
We had a FHE with the Abano family. We have been teaching Andre (9years old boy) and Gerry (7 almost 8 year old girl, I know, people name their children anything they want here.) We taught them about Baptism and the Holy Ghost. We did a role play for Bong (their father) to baptism them. It was the first time for their Dad, but after a couple tries with his kids he got it down. :) It reminded me before I was baptized for a FHE we also did a role play. I remember it was really fun and it really did help me before I got baptized  I knew exactly what I was going to do and what was going to happen. It gave me peace as a child  I could concentrate on the feelings that I felt that day because of it. (I know, its weird that I remember all this. Teaching all these part member families and their children are giving me more flash backs of my childhood. Its kind of cool. Helps me to relate to them more.) 

I'm very grateful for my Dad, that he was and is a worthy priesthood holder so he could have the opportunity to baptize me. It meant a lot to me. It was the start of me being a member of the church. I didn't know all the facts of the symbolism of baptism at the time, all I wanted to do was follow Jesus Christ and be a member and receive the gift of the Holy Ghost. Just like how it says in 2 Nephi 31:12. Even though I'm older and understand a little bit more doctrine. The underlining basic feeling is the same. I just want to follow Jesus Christ and feel the Holy Ghost. Because I know its the right way and there is no greater feeling than doing it. 

FHE is great! The spiritual aspects and time to just have plain simple fun! (we played the fork and spoon game and it became quite an intense game! :D )
Love Ya Lots! Praying for ya all! Have a FHE with your family and/or friends. Its worth it. ;)

Sister Elsmore ^_^

Pictures:
Sister Dowe and I in a Jeepney
Found Streets with names of Different Countries. Went down all of them last P-day and took pictures of them. :D




I'm in Japan! ^_^






No pics yet of Sister Suarez. Memory card is full. Just bought a new one though. Hopefully next week. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment