Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Adventures of Sister Elsmore 46

From: Mandy Elsmore <mandy.elsmore@myldsmail.net>
Date: August 5, 2013 2:55:47 AM CDT

Subject: Sister Elsmore

Kumusta!

Thank you for the support and prayers. I felt them this week. ^_^ I've been sick all week and so there is not too much to report. But I had a good rest and now that my voice is almost back to normal, I'm ready to head out and bring people closer to Christ! >_< FIGHT!!!

Things that have been really amusing...

People super concerned because I lost a lot of weight apparently. (I have not really noticed, but apparently its a DRASTIC change). Always ask, "WHAT HAPPENED TO YOU? YOU GOT SKINNY!!! 
Bah ha ha! Then I say that I was sick and was pretty much dying at home. So people want to feed us now to get me "back to normal." (whatever that means). Hopefully we can meet some new people threw all these dinner appointments. YAY!!!  I love the power and impact food has on people!

If you have lost your voice, they ask, "Saan yung concert mo? or Kumusta ang concert mo? (where was your concert?, or how was your concert? Because if you loose your voice, then you obviously have been doing a lot of singing)

People hit me a lot on the back on Sunday. Trying to FORCE out the cough in me. They taught my companion the "proper way" to hit someone on the back. You put your hand in a cupped shape then hit REALLY hard all over the upper part of the back. HA HA HA!

Realization...
I'm really stubborn about silly things sometimes. (mom, you are right.) Once I've got something that I want to do or believe sometime to be true, its REALLY hard for me to change my mind about it... Even if I'm wrong, but in the end, after a ridiculous process of silly pigheadedness I'm humbled and change my ways. Need to work on being more teachable... (Everyone telling me I needed to rest, did not set very well at the beginning. HA HA HA)

Spiritual Thought:
Helaman 11:10-17 This might be a bit interpretive of me; however, when I read this, it made me think that even prophets have to plead unto the Lord over and over again. And it does not say here that God sent rain right away. It just says it happened that year. Sometimes, even though it might be a good thing that we are praying for, and we feel we have been sufficiently humbled by our trials, sometimes the Lord makes us wait, just a little bit longer. Because he knows when is the best time for us to receive blessings. When we will truly appreciate them and recognize them from the Lord. Also, perhaps to learn patience and greater trust in God. God truly is our Heavenly Father, and he loves us and wants the best for us. And if it means that I have to plead unto him, and learn to be more sincere in the blessings I wish to receive, and show the lord I am worthy of those blessings through my actions of faith, then its a small price to pay. And as the Lord says in D&C 121:7, "Thine afflictions shall be but a small moment." Which looking back at some trials, it has been that way. 

Love Ya'll! Praying for Ya'll!

Sister Elsmore ^_^


No comments:

Post a Comment