Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Adventures of sister Elsmore 33


From: Mandy Elsmore <mandy.elsmore@myldsmail.net>
Date: May 12, 2013 11:53:58 PM CDT

Kumusta!

HAPPY MOTHERS DAY!!! I'm very grateful for my mother and all that she has done for me. The example she has set for me through my life and the support, love, and selfless service she has always given me. Love ya Mom! :)

Highlights:
Princess and Christopher were baptized this past weekend along with a 8 year old Valimer, I think his name was. Super cute to see his Dad baptize him. Brought back memories of my baptism. Thankful for my Dad! :) Only Christopher was confirmed though on Sunday. Princess (with a cold and having to walk 2 hours for church) just barely missed the time where she was to be confirmed. She was crying the whole rest of Sacrament Meeting. Its okay though, She will be confirmed next Sunday. It made me think that her desire to become a member is so strong. She can't wait for even one week. Shes great! I'm excited for her and Christopher. Another two great youth who will grow to unimaginable potentials in the church. So happy and excited for them.

Worked with some Ward missionaries yesterday, Joy and Elizabeth. Was standing by the faucet in a Less Active home with Joy. About to wash our hands. She turns on the faucet  but turns it on all the way. The water comes shooting directly at me and my skirt gets wet. We both Screamed. Then quickly turned it off. Freaked out the whole house and probably the whole neighborhood. HA HA HA! 

Taught the Elnars (Less Active Family) about Temples. They are not yet sealed in the Temple yet. There are just sometimes in the mission where you are blessed to see the growth and impact the Spririt has on people through simple testimonies of members and missionaries. The change in countenance. The look of hope and peace in their eyes. Sister Elnar still remembers the first time she went to the Temple. "The Peace of Mind" she had when she was just out side. She wants that in her life. She wants to be together with her family forever. She wants to change. The beauty of it is that she can. :D  She is excited to start that process and interview with the bishop. :D

Cooked Oyako Donburi for Bishops family and left a spiritual thought. Nice to do service and leave the spirit in their home. They are a great family.

Love ya Lots! Praying for Ya! Bear your testimony when you have the chance. ;)

Sister Elsmore




No comments:

Post a Comment