Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Adventures of Sister Elsmore 34


From: Mandy Elsmore <mandy.elsmore@myldsmail.net>
Date: May 20, 2013 11:01:17 PM CDT

Kumusta!

Another Transfer has ended. WHAT!?! Where did the time fly?

Funny Story then Big News...

On Sunday, Sister Magalogo and I were teaching the Sabas Family with some ward missionaries. In the middle of the lesson, the phone goes off. Sister Magalogo checks it to turn it off when her face goes into shock. She shows me the phone and its the APs!!! (Sunday before transfers is when the call usually to say who is going to train.) She trys to give me the phone and I keep pushing it away. She puts it in my hand and then I pretty much throw it back at her. (I should have just turned it off. We forgot where we were... Lucky the people we were teaching were RMs so they understood later.) She answers the phone and while shes talking I explain what is going on and apologize. She then turns to me, her face grinning like the Cheshire cat and says, "Yah, Sister Elsmores here." Then hands me the phone. 

So yah, I found out I will be training this transfer. I find out who my anak (means child. trainees our children) is tomorrow at transfer meeting. I have a lot of mixed feelings about this... I'm excited to be able to help a new missionary and grow and learn from each other. However, I feel a little inadequate. I have a lot of weaknesses. Goodness, I have a feeling my prayers are going to get a lot longer this transfer. HA HA HA! But on a serious note, I plan to love my companion and depend more on the Lord. Look for the strengths that she has and help her to develop and grow. 

Read this earlier and thought is was appropriate. D&C 12:8. Gods trusting me to help someone in his work. Going to work hard to obtain more love, faith, hope, charity, temperance, and humility this next transfer. Ready for a new chapter in the mission and life. Bring it on! :D

Sister Bowman (kabahay) has finished her mission. She is a great sister and a great example to me of someone who had a quiet, but powerful presence. She testimony was sure, love of the people and the work was sincere. Was very calm and worked hard until the end. Many people here really loved and appreciated the work she did here. She affected and helped so many people her in Cainta. I'm going to miss that girl along with many others. 

Tried another fruit... called... Sabuyas... I think... goodness. I forgot. wrote it down somewhere... I'll have to ask again. Its small and round about the size of a walnut. It tastes kind-of like a grape, sweet but has this weird after taste. Hmm... Can't say its my favorite. HA HA HA! 

Picture of our recent convert's daughter Angel. Drew pictures of us and one Elder (her favorite one that came to help them move. HA HA HA). She's adorable. 

What happens when we are punted and waiting for the spirit to kick in to tell us where to go. HA HA HA! 

Love ya'll Lots! Praying for ya! Smile! :D Count your blessings! 

Sister Elsmore




No comments:

Post a Comment