Monday, March 4, 2013

Adventures of Sister Elsmore 23


From: Mandy Elsmore
Date: March 3, 2013 11:01:28 PM CST


Kumusta!

I'm in a Threesome Again! HA HA HA!!! I'm still with sister Christensen and I have a new companion! Her name is Sister Aree. She is from Kiribati Islands (close to fiji). She is Great! I love her. She's happy,loves to joke around, kind, and easy going as most Polynesians are. ;) But she is hard working. I'm excited to learn from her and serve together with her. I'm still in the same area, but I'm glad. There is still so much I want to be here for. Things are starting to change and progress here in Antipolo, Masagana. Its Exciting!   

As for the language. I don't feel like I'm progressing much, honestly. I understand almost everything that people say; however, speaking wise, I feel like I'm stuck. T_T I don't speak very fluently. Need to practice speaking more. 

So we have some investigators who will be baptized at the end of this month (if everything goes well.) :) We have 5 really solid investigators now. The Siocon Family- Sister Eva, and her children: Tehya (16), Mitzi (14), Kurt (6). They are golden. They are so strong and good. Their understanding and insights from the scriptures are amazing. They pray and read from the Book of Mormon everyday, personally and together. Siocon Family hold family home evening every week, are willing to follow all the commandments of the Lord so far, and have a true love and desire to draw closer to God, Jesus Christ, and to each other as a family. I love and look forward to teaching them each week. They are so great! They are great examples of how missionary work uplifts and enlightens both the teacher and the listener. ITS GREAT!!! :D

This week we had a really interesting conversation about enduring to the end with a less active after sharing 2 Nephi 31:20. He asked what I thought it meant to endure to the end. I told him that for me, it was obeying and following all of Gods commandments, his will, becoming truly converted to him and more like him. For him, it is was having faith and acting on it; however, it was more important to have a personal relationship with god rather than having a church. He told us, he would like to see where we are 5 years after our missions. If we would be still as strong and devoted as we are now. He warned us that after the mission, things are different. Many RMs fall away, like his wife. He hopes we will still be active, but you could see that he doubted we would be. It made me realize, that I think the main thing about endure to the end is even when life's circumstances change, you keep going because of your faith, and you know that even though the blesses may not be here now, they will come. Living the gospel is more than worth it. I want to live it, I want to grow from it, because I know that this is the only way to everlasting life and happiness. In 6 years, I don't want to be as strong as I am now. I want to be stronger. To have progressed and become a better person a little bit more than I was before. Even if I fall, I want to pick myself up, brush off the dirt, and keep moving forward. Life is a journey. Conversion is a process, a process I'm starting to love, enjoy, and learn how to live. I am determined to continue on this path.:) 

Funny Story:
Investigator class- this random less active decided to join in. We asked him to give the opening prayer. He says ok, but if its okay if he says his own personal prayer. We say sure, of course. He then recites the Lord's Prayer. HA HA HA!!!! Our investigators were looking at us all confused, and I was just in shock, mouthing, "WHAT!?!" Which they started laughing at me for. Good thing our investigators are pretty solid and we have taught them for a while. Also, that they don't know that the LA was a member. 

Well, love you all. Sorry if this letter is all over the place. :)

Sister Elsmore




No comments:

Post a Comment